Alcoholics Anonymous in Greensboro, NCIf you want to drink, that's your business. If you want to stop, that's ours.
Call 336-854-4278 to speak with an AA member.
If you want to stop drinking, need help finding a meeting, or want more information about Alcoholics Anonymous, call us anytime to be connected to an AA member.
There are more than 130 meetings in the Greensboro area every week.
Most meetings are in Greensboro, with some in High Point, Jamestown, Oak Ridge, Pleasant Garden, Stokesdale, and Summerfield.
Download and print our meeting schedule for your group.
We update it when we receive meeting updates, about monthly. Print a month’s worth for your home group’s literature rack and check back here for the next update. You can also get an email when it’s updated by subscribing to email notifications below.
Information for Professionals, Family, and Friends
Announcements, Schedule Changes, Events, Service Opportunities, and More
The most recent posts are shown below.
Get Notified of New Content
Consider what other AA members have shared about their experience with the 7th Tradition:
- When I started, I put $1 in the basket at every meeting I went to and I was going to a meeting every day. Awhile ago, I realized I was going to 2-3 meetings a week now and still only putting in $1. My contributions to AA had gone from about $30 a month to about $10!
- When I first came into AA, I had lost my job; I was unemployable. Now I’m not only employable, but I earn more than I ever did. When I realized none of that would be true without my getting and staying sober in AA, I decided I wanted to give more.
- My home group does AA’s Birthday Plan, where it’s tradition (little “t”) for us to put $1 in the basket for every year we’re celebrating when we pick up our chip. [Other groups use AA’s Birthday Plan envelopes to contribute similarly directly to AAWS.]
- I went to a meeting in another state and heard about the $2/$5 thing and I really liked it. Instead of putting $1 in the basket, I put $5 in the basket at my home group and $2 in the basket at other meetings.
- I saw this guy had a $2 bill on the table at a meeting. I asked about it because I hadn’t seen one in a long time. He told me he goes to the bank to get a bunch of them and then he uses them to put $2 in the basket. He said he does it to get people to ask about it so he can tell them about putting more than $1 in the basket. It worked on me! Sometimes I even go to the bank and get a bunch of $2 bills.
Did you know there's an online 7th Tradition contribution option?
Not only is there an option to do online 7th Tradition contributions to AAWS, but they can be set to recur monthly. This is a simple way to contribute directly to AAWS and help AA remain self-supporting. Some people contribute $5 per month, others $10 monthly. You might consider contributing monthly one dollar for each year you’ve been sober. Regardless of how much you contribute, once you set it up, you’re done! Each month, the amount you choose will be charged to your payment method and you’ll receive an email confirming it.
Per a submission via Submit Content:
Intergroup Office hours will be as follows until further notice:
Monday 9am – 11:45 am
Tuesday 9am – 11:45 am
Wednesday 1pm to 5pm
Friday 1pm – 5pm
The office will not be open on Thursday.
Jim is not well and will not be at the office.
Please keep him in our thoughts and prayers.
The following new documents have been posted in the Information for Members section of the web site:
On the Recent Postings page: Fall 2016 Election Assembly Highlights
In the Delegate’s Corner: Delegate’s Report Highlights: 2016 Fall Assembly
To access these pages, a username and password are required. Contact your home group’s GSR for these.
The District Committee Meeting Minutes – November 10, 2016 are now available on the Documents page.
Note: The interactive map does not show proposed boundaries. nc23.org lists some meetings that are not in District 23. Some of the meetings shown on the interactive map are already part of another district.
The proposed boundaries, as written on https://aanorthcarolina.org/members/redistrict.asp are as follows:
Create a city center district in Greensboro (district 23) bounded by Wendover Avenue on the west and north, highway 29 on the east, and Interstate 40 and Interstate Business 85 on the south. All of Guilford County north of Interstate 40 (outside of the central district) plus Rockingham County (currently district 22) would become district 22. All of Guilford County south of Interstate 40 will remain in district 24.
Visit https://aanorthcarolina.org/members/redistrict.asp to learn about the proposed redistricting of District 23 (Greensboro) and the rest of Area 51 (NC). This page requires a username and password, available from your GSR.
These documents make up the first draft proposal produced by the subcommittee. They are presented to facilitate review, discussion and feedback from all districts. Please use the feedback form (available at the above link) to submit any comments, questions or concerns that your district may have. (AA members, groups, and districts are encouraged to provide feedback.) The deadline for feedback is December 31, 2016.
Available at https://aanorthcarolina.org/members/redistrict.asp:
- Summary of Proposed Changes
- Feedback Form
- Current English-Speaking Districts
- Proposed English-Speaking Districts
- Proposed Linguistic Districts
- Proposed District Maps
Originally published 18SEP2016
2015’s schedule is below. This year’s will be posted when available.
Food starts at 5:30.
First speaker at 7:00
Sobriety countdown at 8:45.
Second speaker at 9:00
DJ & dancing starts at 10:30.