Respect for the dignity of others is the foundation for all our efforts to carry the message to all alcoholics; however, some members need special help to receive the A.A. message. This may include (but are not limited to) those that are blind or visually impaired; deaf or hard of hearing; chronically ill or homebound; those who are physically or mentally disabled; and less visible challenges such as geographic and cultural barriers. We want to remove any obstacles to participation and make meetings accessible to ensure that A.A. remains as inclusive as possible. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
Below is a sample of some of the many resources A.A. provides to address accessibility needs. For more information or assistance, please contact email@example.com.
- Big Book Formats:
- Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions formats:
- Online Meeting Information:
- Services and material available for the deaf and hearing impaired include: a DVD of Alcoholics Anonymous, Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions and the pamphlet “A.A. for the Alcoholic with Special Needs” in ASL.
- Rewritten for reading and signing purposes: “Translation of the Twelve Steps” and “Translation of the Twelve Traditions”
- Easy to read literature: such as “Is A.A. For Me?” “Twelve Steps Illustrated” and “Too Young?”
- Grapevine issues are recorded every month and available online at www.aagrapevine.org. To order A.A. Grapevine material including recordings and large print editions, contact A.A. Grapevine customer service at 800-631-6025 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Loners/ Internationalist Meeting (LIM) Correspondence Service for A.A. members who are in isolated areas, at sea, deaf or home- or hospital-bound (known as Homers) and stay in touch with other members by mail and newsletters.
- To obtain a list of resources which provide A.A. Conference-approved literature in Braille, American Sign Language (ASL) and on audio or for further information you can write to: General Service Office Attn: Accessibilities P.O. Box 459 Grand Central Station New York, NY 10163, (212) 870-3400 or email: email@example.com.